Monday, February 12, 2018

pink palace



This is probably super obvious and not some brilliant sartorial secret, but my cute feather trimmed jacket is actually a robe! I just thought it would be so perfect for days when I want to add a little luxe to my outfit. And I wear vintage bed jackets as "real" clothing all the time, so why not do the same with non-vintage bed wear, too? :)

I chalk this all up to my new rug. It just reminds me so much of Jayne Mansfield's house (here's a link if you're unfamiliar with it -- but be prepared to fall in love with the kitschy pink-ness of it all!!) It just makes me want to wear all the pink furry and feathery things and lay on heart-shaped furniture and eat bon-bons or something.

The only downside to this rug is that my shoes kind of disappear in them and you can't see them in outfit photos! Today I'm wearing these scallop-trimmed pink cutie pies from Bait Footwear (of course!) and it breaks my heart a bit that you can't really see them!